Monday, February 21, 2011

About those greedy, money-grubbing teachers

My dad was a teacher for 22 years before he threw in the towel and went into private business. Ross Perot made his choice easier, but for nearly 20 of those years he worked his own business on weekends and the summer to make ends meet. He employed many high school and junior high teachers/coaches over the years who also needed to make ends meet. And I know two highly respected teachers quit to sell insurance during my school years because their salaries weren't enough to allow them to raise their families. So whenever I hear pundits and politicians and members of the general population (who've not set foot in a classroom since they departed high school) hold forth about "greedy teachers" I pretty much automatically hate them for the bald-faced liars they are.

Now Playing: Various Celtic Moods
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment