Friday, July 01, 2011

Friday Night Videos

With all the weeping and wailing and beating of breasts over the "Oxford comma" that's been going on lately (they should just shoot the darn thing and put it out of our collective misery, if you ask me), how could I not feature the incomparable Dan Baird on today's installment of Friday Night Videos? Who is Dan Baird you ask? Surely you jest! Dan Baird was the driving force behind the southern rock group Georgia Satellites, best known for their catchy hit single "Keep Your Hands to Yourself." Personally, I recommend their second album, In the Land of Salvation and Sin, which shows maturity as songwriters far beyond that of their debut album. But Dan Baird released a solo album in 1992, and the first single bowled me over with its goofy charm, witty lyrics and obsession with proper punctuation. I Love You, Period:



Now Playing: The Georgia Satellites In the Land of Salvation and Sin
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment