Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

So, David Bowie died three weeks ago now. The week of his death I got swamped and didn't get around to posting a Friday Night Video. The following week, Glenn Frey died, so obviously I had to salute Mr. Frey. Which brings us to today, with Bowie's brain-twistingly weird "Lazarus" video. This is a man who clearly sees the Reaper at the door and is determined to go out on his own terms. Kind of amazing. Now, I've never been a huge Bowie fan. I find him interesting as an artist and like some of his music well enough, but his work's never struck that primal chord in me that it has in so many others. That's fine--many people don't get my fascination with Ray Davies and the Kinks. Regardless, this song and video amount to the ultimate mic drop. It's packed with so many eyeball kicks that it borders on sensory overload, and fans will be analyzing and arguing over the symbolism for decades to come.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... The Eagles.

Now Playing: Count Basie Count Basie 1
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment