Thursday, July 18, 2019

They're gonna romp! And stomp!

I haven't posted much here about the Chicken Ranch lately (or really, much of anything--life intervenes) but I've got a good one to share today. This evening I shall be making the short drive up to Wimberley to take in the Wimbeley Players' production of The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. As is my wont with these things, I shall be arriving early and staying late to answer questions from the audience, cast, crew and random passers-by about the real Chicken Ranch and the shenanigans that went on there back in the day. It's always a good time, but I'm just the sideshow here--the play's the thing, and I've heard excellent buzz about this production. If you've only ever seen the theatrical version with Burt and Dolly, I strongly encourage you to check out the play if you can. There's so much here that the movie simply ignored, and that's a shame. Most of the run is sold out, but give the box office a call, as they may have a few tickets squirreled away here or there.

Inside the Texas Chicken Ranch: The Definitive Account of the Best Little Whorehouse is available from both Amazon.com and BarnesAndNoble.com. It's also available as an ebook in the following formats: Kindle, Nook, Google Play, iBooks and Kobo.

Now Playing: Edmundo Ros Edmundo Ros Vol. 10: 1951 Playtime in Brazil
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment