Monday, May 04, 2020

A Moment of Tiki episodes 5 & 6

"A Moment of Tiki" returns for your viewing pleasure with two new, hand-crafted, artisanal episodes! First up is episode 5, in which I take viewers on a step-by-step how-to for caring for and preserving rattan furniture. Remember, rattan is essentially a wood, and is subject to all the pitfalls of wood furniture: drying, cracking, splitting, mold and insect damage. A little effort up front can help protect your investment for the long term! In episode 5, I share my process for building a suitably tikified frame from scratch using wood and bamboo, with which to proudly display your tropical and tiki-themed art works. It's a simple build I've perfected over quite a bit of trial-and-error, requiring no upscale woodworking techniques (don't worry about rabbets or dovetails here), so I thought it'd be a simple, easy video to edit. Wrong! The editing process proved to be far more challenging than expected. Fortunately, I finally beat it into submission and hope the result is a clear and straightforward instructional video. Plus, you get to learn what to do with all that bamboo we torched way back in episode 1!

Remember, you can view all of my videos online at YouTube. If you enjoy, don't forget to subscribe and leave a comment! I'll be mighty grateful!

Episode 5: Rattan

Episode 6: Framed!

Now Playing: Various artists Music for a Bachelor's Den, vol. 2
Chicken Ranch Central

1 comment: