Friday, February 12, 2021

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

So here we are, staring down the barrel at a full week of the coldest weather South-Central Texas has faced in a decade. North Texas iced over yesterday and the result was a 100-plus car pileup on Interstate 35 in Forth Worth that killed six people. Monday it's getting down to 9F here in New Braunfels, which is cold enough to theoretically kill every tropical plant I have growing with the exception of my dwarf palmettos. I've covered my bananas and citrus and pulled the potted plants into the garage, and I don't think it'll be super-cold long enough to do lasting damage to my palm trees, but still. I tolerate August in Texas so that I may wear shorts comfortably in January. I dislike cold weather intensely. With that in mind, is it any wonder I eventually found my way to tiki? Check out this song, "Lakalaka," by the Polynesian-fusion band Te Vaka. That's what I'm talking about. I think all of us could use some of this sunny beach energy about now. I know I certainly do!

And if you dig that video, they've also go a fun making-of featurette you can enjoy as well:

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Little River Band.

Now Playing: Prince The Hits & the B-Sides
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment