Friday, August 20, 2021

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

As I've grown older, I've come to appreciate a number of musical artists I didn't care for in my youth. Cyndi Lauper is one of them. Couldn't stand her back in the 80s, but my stance softened in the 90s and now I like most of her stuff. Odd, then, that my absolute favorite song of hers is a cover of Roy Orbison's "I Drove All Night." As a rule, I prefer originals over covers, but damn, I like this one more than Roy's version, and I adore Roy Orbison. I could've sworn I'd posted this one before, and apparently I thought that about eight years ago as well, but extensive searches of my blog turn up nothing. Which is weird. This video is fantastic. Stylish and sexy and filled with intense longing. Cyndi really brings her A game to this, so I find it odd that her music career was fading during what should've been a high water mark. What can I say? The public's tastes are fickle. Yours truly is a case in point.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show.

Now Playing: Stan Getz The Complete Roost Recordings
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment