Friday, November 19, 2021

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

Bowling for Soup is a band I've really tried to get into. Their videos are wildly entertaining and the lyrics of their songs are clever and insightful. The trouble is--and I say this with no malice--almost all their songs (with the exception of "1985") sound the same to me. Maybe it's me. I dunno. My youngest brother lived with me in the early 2000s and was a big fan, so I listened to his CDs of the group, and it sounded like one long extended jam session with brief breaks of silence scattered throughout. Does that make me tragically unhip? Probably. So here's "Girl All the Bad Guys Want," which has a wildly entertaining video and lyrics that are clever and insightful, but sounds to me like almost ever other Bowling for Soup song out there.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Peter Wolf.

Now Playing: Timothy Drake Symphonies of the Planets
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment