Friday, July 07, 2023

Upcoming signing at Pflugerville bookstore!

Book tour season is in full swing for me with the publication of Inside the Texas Chicken Ranch 50th anniversary edition! This Saturday, July 8 I will be at The Book Burrow, a plucky little independent bookstore in historic Pflugerville for a signing (and perhaps a bit of reading and Q&A) starting at 7 p.m.



There are two things you need to know about the Book Burrow: Firstly, it's located inside the Three Legged Goat wine bar, which is as great a combination as I've ever heard of. Secondly, a week ago the Book Burrow recieved a two-week notice to vacate their space because of needed renovations to the building. To say this short notice was problematic is putting it mildly. In order to fund an emergency relocation and keep the doors open (both literally and figuratively) they launched a book sales drive which has thus far proven quite successful. They haven't reached their goal of selling a thousand books yet, but they're getting close. Let's try and put 'em over the top during my signing tomorrow to help keep this independent purveyor of fine literature in business, shall we?

In other news, I will have a book signing on Thursday, July 13 at Front Street Books in Alpine. I don't often make it to West Texas or the Big Bend region, so if you're anywhere in the vicinity (and I realize that's a term subject to interpretation) I hope to see you there!

Finally, I made the S.A. Life section of the San Antonio Express-News' Sunday edition this past week! The story, "The Chicken Ranch has been closed for 50 years, but La Grange brothel's story still has some juice," sometimes has a paywall and sometimes not, but I'll share a couple of photos below because I'm nice that way:



Jayme Blaschke, Inside the Texas Chicken Ranch, San Antonio Express-News article

Jayme Blaschke, Inside the Texas Chicken Ranch, San Antonio Express-News article

Jayme Blaschke, Inside the Texas Chicken Ranch, San Antonio Express-News article

Now Playing: Astrud Gilberto The Millennium Collection
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment