Friday, May 17, 2024

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

I recently was part of a conversation online about how The Hobbit films were a great disappointment in comparison to The Lord of the Rings. This is a contention I strongly agree with--I feel that in the 9-plus hours of Hobbit runtime there's probably a pretty good 3-hour film in there somewhere. That said, I found the music and song in the first film to be superior to the film itself. Case in point: Geoff Castelucci's cover of "Far Over the Misty Mountains Cold." I mean, this is a song I really liked way back when I first heard it in the Rankin-Bass animated Hobbit and Peter Jackson's film did it even better (for all Jackson's films' faults, when they get something right, they get it very, very right). Castelucci's cover is just spectacular. Singing bass is one thing, but singing all the parts? That's just nuts.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Pseudo Echo.

Now Playing: Don Tiare and His Enchanting Violins Strings Over Tahiti
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment