Monday, April 12, 2004

I love the smell of rejections in the morning

Nothing, and I mean nothing, gets my goat like a rejection letter in the mail. We hates them, my preciouss. We hates them forever! So, naturally, I garnered a few over the last few days. Not a happy camper, I. So how do I respond to these obviously short-sighted editorial decisions? Defiantly, of course. If these editors won't buy my stuff, I'll find others that will. Simple as that (note that as editor of RevolutionSF I won't print my own work). Imagine whilst going through my files the horror of discovering almost half a dozen perfectly good stories not sitting patiently in some slush pile somewhere. Man, I lose track of things far too easily. Easily rectified, that oversight. At lunch, I trekked over to my friendly neighborhood post office, and 10 minutes and $15 later, a half-dozen stories were winging their ways to editors hither and yon. In three months' time, a half-dozen acceptance letters and generous checks will arrive in my mailbox. At least that's the plan.

If such writer-editor matters bore you, there's always the Asteroid Impact Calculator for entertainment.

Now Playing: Various Artists Pulp Fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment