Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sick

I've had congestion and related cold-like symptoms of varying degree for the past week, but nothing really bad enough to make life miserable. Calista and Keela have gone through it as well, and seem to have come out in decent shape. Unfortunately, in my case it seems to have escalated--these last two days I've been coughing up industrial waste. It's not pretty. I can only hope the EPA doesn't get wind of it.

Compounding matters is the fact that Orion has come down with this garbage as well. He's congested, and can't breathe easily when he's lying down. Which means he's not sleeping. Tired baby=irate baby. Lisa's not getting any sleep at all and I'm not getting much more. I spent 4 a.m. through 5 a.m. walking him this morning. So not only am I not feeling up to snuff, I'm bushed as well.

And no, I'm still not finished with that damn "The Whale Below." A short story I'd planned on spending two weeks working on has now stretched out to two months. And Turkey City is this coming Saturday. I'm doomed.

Now Playing: Don Henley California Desperados

No comments:

Post a Comment