Friday, December 15, 2006

Friday Night Videos

Apart from my well-documented obsession with the Kinks, Billy Joel's probably the solo artist right at the top of my listening stack. My very first concert (that wasn't attached to a rodeo, that is) was his Easter Sunday show at the Summit in Houston way back in '86 on his The Bridge tour. I was all set to post his video of "Pressure" today, since it's a classic of early-80s abstract imagery and surrealism (in a music video context, at least) but then I ran across She's Right on Time. I'd only seen this one once before, and it's not included on Joel's "The Video Album" volume 1 or 2. I'm not even certain the song was even released as a single. But it is, without a doubt, the silliest thing he's ever done, and the Christmas theme is apropos for the season. Enjoy!



Previously on Friday Night Videos... The Kinks.

Now Playing: Various The Rocky Horror Picture Show

No comments:

Post a Comment