Friday, September 07, 2007

Friday Night Videos

Last week we got a kick out of Carlene Carter, so this week it seems apropos to feature another of the extended Cash/Carter clan with Roseanne Cash. I initially thought to show the tragically 80s I Don't Know Why You Don't Love Me, since that was the last song of hers I remember hearing on the radio. Most of her older, better-known stuff don't have videos (although there's a good Austin City Limits performance of Seven Year Ache online), but once I stumbled across her performance of "I Still Miss Someone" I knew I had a winner, even if the random interview clips afterward detract from the power of the video. It is, in a word, poignant.



Previously on Friday Night Videos... Carlene Carter.

Now Playing: The Gourds Blood of the Ram

No comments:

Post a Comment