Friday, May 23, 2008

Day 10... still no camera

It's been 10 days without my XTi and man oh man, am I antsy. I packed it and my 28-135 lens and shipped them off to the Canon Service Center in Irvine, Calif., because the Image Stabilization system in the lens, which keeps buzzing when the camera is shut off, had progressively gotten worse. And Canon's techs wanted both pieces so they could replicate the problem and fix either the lens, camera or both. Not getting this fixed could eventually damage not only the lens, but potentially the camera and the battery. Not good. I didn't have this problem with any of my other lenses, but then none of my other lenses have Image Stabilization.

Well, the package arrived in California safely enough, at least according to USPS tracking. Then it sat in a warehouse for the better part of a week before anyone at Canon took a look at it. The good news--they say they're not charging me for the repair! (There was some concern here, as the camera's under warranty but the lens isn't). I should be getting my fixed camera back next week, but the interim's really, really miserable. The Wife's little Fuji point & shoot just doesn't cut it anymore...

Now Playing: Emerson, Lake & Palmer Return of the Manticore

No comments:

Post a Comment