Thursday, May 01, 2008

Gremlins!

Okay, as far as I can tell there's no way to embed this, but if you're a Gremlins fan, you've got to check out this link. It's a television commercial, granted, but that little romp left me grinning more broadly than anything I've seen in a long time. Gloriously chaotic mayhem like that will have that effect on me.


Personally, I loved the first Gremlins film, and really, really loved the second. Casting Christopher Lee as a mad scientist was brilliant. Spoofing the first was also a clever stroke. In fact, almost everything in that film worked, even though they had to dramatically re-tool the ending (which originally involved many concrete trucks) because of budget constraints. And I will also admit that I've been on a Quixotic quest of sorts for the better part of the last decade to get ahold of Terry Jones' (yes, he of Monty Python fame) unproduced script for Gremlins 2. Supposedly, it was wicked funny from start to finish, but would've been one of the most expensive films in history at the time. So if any of you have a copy of it lying around, you know where to send it.

Now Playing: Peter Gabriel Security

No comments:

Post a Comment