Saturday, September 13, 2008

More on the mead

I found myself with a tiny bit of free time today, and took the opportunity to print and label some of my mead. The mint metheglin, you may recall, was conjured on the request of The Wife last June, and had languished unlabeled (apart from some masking tape with Sharpie). The mint's in bloom right now, but a couple of weeks ago when I put together this layout, it wasn't. Ah well. I think the triangle works quite nicely overall.

2meads


The blueberry melomel, well, I always knew I'd use a berry as the main design element. All of my previous labels had been so rectangular, I wanted to break away from that design mindset. So berry-shaped it was. I think I've done okay with these last two. I still have the maypop to label, but I don't know how much effort I'll put into it, since the final product is pretty bland.

The Blueberry Thrill, of course, needs quite a bit more aging before it'll begin to be palatable. The bar is set pretty high for it, however--the other week The Wife and I visited The Grapevine in Gruene, and they had some blueberry wine from the Piney Woods Winery in east Texas. Wow. That stuff was stunning. I suspect my blueberry-infused mead won't even come close. The mint, on the other hand, should be plenty ready to drink. I'm not really a mint person, so I'm waiting on The Wife to uncork one...

Now Playing: Peter Gabriel Peter Gabriel 3

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those labels are beautiful. Nice!

    ReplyDelete