Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New MEMORY

I've just published chapter 24 of my online fiction serial MEMORY over at No Fear of the Future. I suppose this sequence I'm writing now could be subtitled "Flavius' dinner from hell." You'll be happy to know his suffering continues unabated in this installment:
Flavius’ table rotated as a waiter dropped a plate in front of him. Orange and green squares were piled high, opaque, gelatinous things that seemed to crawl about of their own accord without the use of legs. Blue-striped berries rolled between and over the squares randomly. A frothy red liquid now filled his glass. From the gasps of shock, astonishment and delight rising up throughout the hall, Flavius guessed these were more of the Empress’ last second menu alterations.

“A bit ostentatious, serving troesken as the fourth course. I wonder what my debauched wife has in store for the rest of the evening?”

Flavius snapped around just as the Emperor Camargo’s table merged neatly with his own.

Remember folks, if you like it, spread the word!

Now Playing: The Kinks One for the Road

No comments:

Post a Comment