Friday, October 01, 2010

Friday Night Videos

There was a period in the 80s where I was a huge Bob Seger fan. I came very close to seeing him in concert around '87 or so, but my ride backed out at the last minute. I'm not quite so into his music these days, but I still like his work a great deal. There's excellent craftsmanship in his songs, and the lyrical structures are brilliant. "Turn the Page" is a textbook example of a lyrically illustrative song that is brilliant at setting a mood. Enjoy.



Previously on Friday Night Videos... Ray Davies.

Now Playing: Blue Oyster Cult Workshop of the Telescopes

1 comment:

  1. I got to see him once. In Baltimore. When I was working an internship at Johns Hopkins. That probably puts it in 1985. I think that's one of the very few, if not only, outdoor rock concerts I've been to.

    ReplyDelete