Friday, May 03, 2013

Friday Night Videos

It's no secret that I love me some Traveling Wilburys. When their first video hit MTV back in the days when music videos still played on MTV, I was stunned. "Handle With Care" did a slow-burn reveal of quite possibly the most star-studded supergroup that ever existed. Amazingly, the songs they produced didn't sound like they came from a so-called supergroup. They were down-to-Earth without a hint of ego--understandable, I suppose, since this song originally started out as an ad-hoc B side for a George Harrison single. There's also a rare extended version remix of this song out there as well that I can't recall ever hearing before. Not quite as perfect as the original, but I always enjoy different takes.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... The Divinyls.

Now Playing: The Traveling Wilburys Vol. 1
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment