Saturday, July 10, 2004

About that book I'm publishing

I just realized that I haven't posted an update in quite a while regarding progress on Voices of Vision. Well, you can all sleep soundly tonight: I did indeed get the revisions completed and off to the editors in time to avert their sending Muggsy and Bruno over to break some or all of my kneecaps. Now I get to hold my breath and wait to see what Nebraska's design team comes up with for cover art and such. I lobbied pretty darn hard for John Picacio, but I suspect my pleadings fell on deaf ears. Nebraska's put out some very attractive books, but their Bison Books Frontiers of the Imagination series, which I am of the understanding that Voices of Vision will be published under, has some of the ugliest cover designs in history. They are just unattractive. They're going for a unifying retro theme. Fine, I get that. But it's an ugly retro. Let us all join hands and hope that they decide to break the pattern with my book, since it will be the first non-fiction published under that imprint...

Now Playing: Syd Barrett Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment