Friday, January 05, 2007

Friday Night Videos

Way back in '86, right in the middle of my formative high school years, the Bangles burst upon the scene. They hit it big right away with the Prince-penned "Manic Monday" and had a monster hit with the goofy "Walk Like an Egyptian," but my favorite song of theirs from the period is the often-overlooked "If She Knew What She Wants." It's got sweet harmonies and the subject matter reminds me of more than a few of my relationships from that era. Turns out, this is another song that had an MTV-only alternate video made. The alternate's interesting, but my fave is still the original (there's something about cute chicks and guitars, you know?):



Previously on Friday Night Videos... The Kinks.

Now Playing: Modest Mussgorsky Pictures at an Exhibition

1 comment:

  1. Jayme, old bud -

    It was while watching that Bangles video late one night on the tube that I had the idea that became "Wish List", the story RevSF published in 2006.

    Just thot I'd mention it.

    Lou

    ReplyDelete