Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday Night Videos

My brother, Chris, is a huge Bowling for Soup fan, and I have to say that their video for 1985 has done a lot to convert the unrepentant Gen-Xer in me. I remember seeing Robert Palmer in concert at A&M (Heavy Touring Nova) and laughed out loud at their riff on George Michael. But the band's spot-on impersonation of Motley Crüe--particularly Brett Michaels--had me shaking my head in wonder. Yeah, this counts as another "modern" video that I approve of. Good stuff.



Previously on Friday Night Videos... Fatboy Slim.

Now Playing: Berlin Philharmonic "The Ring" Without Words

2 comments:

  1. Bret Michaels wasn't in Motley Crue, though. He was in Poison.

    Maybe you're thinking of Vince Neil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'oh! Vince Neil, right. Geeze, it's been so long that I'm starting to confuse my Hair Bands. I bow to your superior 80s-fu.

    ReplyDelete