Friday, March 23, 2007

Off to Aggiecon

In a few minutes I'll shut down the computer and hit the sack. In the morning I'll be off to Aggiecon in College Station. Gene Wolfe is the author guest of honor, and I'm looking forward to having him sign my personal copy of Voices of Vision. I've got a reading on Saturday, a full hour, and will be doing "The Whale Below," the story I have coming out in Jeff VanderMeer's pirate anthology Fast Ships, Black Sails. Here's my schedule--If you're at the con, drop by and introduce yourself.
Friday
5:30 p.m. Texas Writers
6:45 p.m. The Future of Harry Potter

Saturday
3 p.m. Pimp Your Book
8 p.m. Reading "The Whale Below"
9:15 p.m. Life Extension and Cloning
10:30 p.m. Penetrating the Rift (18+)

Sunday
11:15 p.m. The History of SF

There's also an autograph session in there somewhere. Aggiecon's always a fun event, and I haven't missed a single one since attending my first, Aggiecon 20, 18 years ago. Wow. I think that make me officially an old fart.

Now Playing: Kenny Loggins Back to Avalon

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:08 AM

    Jayme - Maybe you will see this before you leave. Gene Wolfe is NOT attending. They dropped him from the Guest List more than a month ago. I am assuming this is for health reasons for either him or Rosemary. Not to des[air , he has been replaced by .... are you ready for this? ...... Allen Cole. Say wha?

    ReplyDelete