Thursday, August 16, 2007

Lord help me, I'm such a geek

So the ad department has done a masterful job, and convinced my children that they absolutely must see "Daddy Day Camp" in theaters. The prospect of getting a root canal via rusty spoon and ball-peen hammer is far more appealing to the Wife and I, so as way of compromise, the Wife orders the original "Daddy Day Care" (which looks only to be slightly less painful) via Netflix.

As the DVD goes into the player, I retreat to my office to work on my overdue Roving Mars review (which should go live any day now at RevolutionSF). After a little while, I hear this exchange float in from the living room (paraphrased to protect my sanity):
I fight the Joker!

No, that's Batman's arch-enemy.

Lex Luthor?

No, he fights Superman. Look, kid, you're the Flash. That means you go up against Captain Boomerang, Gorilla Grodd, the Reverse-Flash. Villains like that.

I rush into the living room. "Did I just hear what I think I heard? Did they just tick off the Roguess Gallery?"

"Yes," the Wife replies. "The little kid is dressed up as the Flash."

""I can't believe it. Do you know what this means? They actually did their research! The screenwriters knew what they were writing about! They..." I trailed off at the concerned look the wife was giving me, and realized that I was gushing about Daddy-frellin'-Daycare. I slunk back to my office and hid my head in shame.

Now Playing: Various Celtic Moods

No comments:

Post a Comment