Thursday, September 20, 2007

Into the storm

So the Aggies play the Miami Hurricanes in the Orange Bowl tonight. I wish I could say I was pumped, but I'm not. Instead, I'm looking at this game with a faint spark of hope surrounded by a cloud of impending doom. Coach Fran said the other day that this game would either be great exposure or serve to expose them, and I fear these are the most insightful words he's said since arriving in College Station. I want the team to be successful, but five years into his tenure, all Franchione has to show is a hard-fought victory over t.u. in Austin last year. Oh, and the worst bowl loss in A&M history, plus three of the worst losses all-time. And a cumulative record hovering around .500. And an antiquated option offense that can't throw the ball. And a defense that can't stop anyone else from throwing the ball.

Sigh. Tell me again what a great thing is was for the school to fire R.C. Slocum?

Now Playing: Pink Floyd Staying Home to Watch the Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment