Tuesday, June 24, 2008

George Carlin

I'm still a little shocked at George Carlin's death. I hadn't known he'd been suffering heart problems for years, so from my perspective, he seemed in great health for a fellow his age. One thing I loved about him was the fact that he came across as so affable, even when he was holding forth with his glorious brand of caustic umbrage. Other people are posting tributes referencing his most famous bits, such as the "7 Dirty Words" or the like. I'd have liked to post the hilarious F-bomb sequence from his early 90s sitcom on FOX, but that doesn't seem to be online anywhere. So instead I'll present this obscure bit from early in his career--when he was still a buttoned-down, upright fellow--that just happens to be the first Carlin bit I ever heard. It's not caustic, but it's still funny: Wonderful WINO.



Now Playing: Sheena Easton Madness, Money & Music

No comments:

Post a Comment