Friday, July 25, 2008

What I am doing now

I am writing some hideously overdue book reviews.

I have just polished off the remains of a bottle of White Black Spanish from the Dry Comal Creek Winery. This is perhaps my favoritest wine in the whole world. Well, with the possible exception of hideously expensive German eiswein. But that kind of goes without saying.

I've just poured myself a glass of Casillero del Diablo's Carmenere 2006. Never had it before. Will see how it goes.

I'm pleased with myself for having bought all my textbooks for my fall semester classes already. Unless I'm able to add another class which I'm hoping to get into (it's currently full, see) in which case my book expenditures will increase considerably.

I have found one of my two missing pair of binoculars. Sadly, they are horribly out of collimation and present eye-stabbing double vision. Must get them fixed.

I am getting excited about tomorrow night. I'm attending my first-ever star party, and taking the Maroon Barsoom out for its public debut. I also got a Lumicon UHC filter in for it, which blocks light pollution and enhances the visibility of nebulae.

I'm also looking forward to seeing The Dark Knight tomorrow. I fear I'll be disappointed. The anticipation was sky high before the film came out, and now, after a week of relentless praise, there's no way it'll live up to the hype and I'll be one of two people in the world underwhelmed by it. Which sucks. And frankly, all these comparisons to The Godfather movies ain't sweetening the deal. I didn't like the first or the second. I'm just saying is all.

The X-Files movie opened today, and I didn't notice. Honestly, is it so bad that the studio's trying to bury it? I sincerely hope not, but if season 9 is anything to go by...

I'm thinking the Carmenere isn't bad. Sort of like a welterweight cabernet.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a review to finish.

Now Playing:

No comments:

Post a Comment