Wednesday, June 19, 2013

133/365: Rind

sigh. At the rate I'm going, it'll take me two years to post all my 365 photos. Taking images isn't a problem--processing to an acceptable standard, them uploading and blogging about them are proving to demand more time than I have available. But I'm still trying!

As I've said before, I'm a passion flower fan, and love passion fruit of all types. The fruit themselves are almost as alien as the flowers. Here's the inside of the rind from a passiflora edulis fruit--the commercial purple variety. The pulpy arils that envelop the seeds grow from puckered swellings lining the inside of the rind in a trio of vertical strips. There's something otherworldly about this. Can you tell I'm fascinated by this plant?

passion fruit rind, Lisa On Location photography. 365 photo project. San Antonio, Austin, San Marcos, New Braunfels

Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Lisa On Location

Now Playing: Rossini Classical Masterpieces
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment