Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Destination: Houston!

Okay, folks! I am off to Houston for a 7 p.m. signing tonight at Brazos Bookstore. If you missed me when I came to town a few weeks ago, now's your chance to rectify that opportunity squandered. I know what you're probably thinking: "I'd like to go, but Brazos Bookstore is way over there on Bissonnet. Traffic's going to be terrible." This is true, however, I remind you that I'm driving all the way in from San Marcos and braving that very same traffic just to make it so you don't have to make that same drive in the opposite direction to get a signed copy of Inside the Texas Chicken Ranch. And do you know why? Because I'm a giver, that's why. In fact, I'll have some additional goodies for everyone who shows up tonight. My goodness, it's like Christmas come early! You Houstonians with a keen interest in Texas history can't pass that up, can you? I didn't think so.

In other news, well, there's more news. The San Marcos Record devoted an entire page to yours truly and my humble little book in the Sunday edition. Alas, there's no online link, but you can click on that photo above to get a good look at the splashy layout. They've treated me very nicely, indeed.

You know who else has treated me nice? The San Antonio Current. After that nice, big review they ran earlier this month, they turned around and ran an advance prior to my signing at the Twig last Friday. "‘Inside the Texas Chicken Ranch’ Author to Read at The Twig on Friday"

Let's see if Houston and Austin media can start showing me as much love, eh?

Inside the Texas Chicken Ranch: The Definitive Account of the Best Little Whorehouse is now available from both Amazon.com and BarnesAndNoble.com. It's also available as an ebook in the following formats: Kindle, Nook, Google Play, iBooks and Kobo.

Now Playing: Jerry Jeff Walker Live from Gruene Hall
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment