Friday, October 14, 2016

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

I really like the Moody Blues. I can't say that I love their music, but there's a consistent professionalism in pretty much everything they've done that makes me stop and listen any time one of their songs comes on. I'll have occasional binges where I listen to the Time Traveller box set over and over. They have an incredible oeuvre, and their longevity is nothing short of impressive. I, like most of my generation, first discovered them in the 1980s because they were still recording hits, believe it or not. The watching the video, it's clear the band adapted to the 80s, but fortunately, didn't go full 80s. That would've been utterly cringe-inducing. Instead, there's a touch here, a nod there, just enough to show they're keeping up with the times and letting the music speak for itself. "I Know You're Out There Somewhere" has a simple video, but I have to say I love the time warp concept. The 1960s flashbacks are fun and make me smile.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Le Trio Joubran.

Now Playing: Stan Getz The Complete Roost Recordings
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment