Friday, August 17, 2018

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

Aretha Franklin died yesterday. There's nothing I can say about the Queen of Soul that hasn't already been said. Everyone in the universe is playing "Respect" now in tribute, which is fine, but that was never my favorite song of her's. My favorite would be "Chain of Fools," which would be a singular masterpiece for any other singer.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Elvis.

Now Playing: Antonio Carlos Jobim Orfeu Negro: Bof du Film de Marcel Camus
Chicken Ranch Central

2 comments:

  1. My housemate and best friend, Alice Chang, is a clinical psychiatrist working with mostly teens, children and families in clinics in Philadelphia. She's usually one of the better MDs with the support staff at those clinics, and at one clinic, some of the staff customized a lyric in her honor..."Chang, Chang, Chang/Chang, Chang, Chang/Chang, Chang, Chang/Chang is cool..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'll confess that for many years, without paying attention to the title of the song, I heard those iconic lyrics as "Shame, shame, shame..."

      Delete