Friday, April 19, 2019

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

Back in 1986 I got on a big Bob Seger kick. I remember when his "Like A Rock" album came out, many folks I knew were disappointed because it had taken four years for him to record it, and it didn't seem to live up to that anticipation. Looking back, I'm impressed by the solid lineup of songs on the album, foremost among them the furious lead single, "American Storm." Watching the video before posting, I saw James Woods, Randy Quaid, Lesley Ann Warren and Scott Glenn, and thought it was a tie-in video to a movie soundtrack, but no, apparently it's an original video for the song. Weird. The song itself is about cocaine addiction, written after Seger read Wired,, the biography of John Belushi. I've never seen Seger live, although I almost did in 1987 in Houston, but plans fell through at the last minute when person I was going to ride with couldn't make it. Maybe someday.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Brothers NYC.

Now Playing: The Cure Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment