Friday, September 06, 2019

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

The universe is weird. A few weeks ago, this song popped into my head, unannounced. I hadn't heard it in decades and barely remembered anything about it beyond its chorus. Who was the singer? I had the vague notion it was associated with Duran Duran, but obviously it wasn't a Duran Duran song. That band's members were doing a lot of solo projects in the mid-80s, though. Power Station? The guitar rock fit, but that obviously wasn't Robert Palmer on vocals. John Taylor? No, he proved he couldn't sing with "I Do What I Do." And it wasn't Simon Le Bon, because everything he's done since Arcadia sounds like Arcadia. I was stumped. Then last week, riding in The Wife's car, out of the blue "Take It Easy" starts playing on the radio. Oh, Andy Taylor! Well, that solves that mystery, although I have to say it was an awful lot of brain power to devote to a song I only sorta liked in the first place. I have to say, though, that the actress in the video's movie clips sure has some moves. I wonder if "American Anthem" is any good--I missed it back when it came out.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Prince.

Now Playing: Robert Drasnin Voodoo III
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment