Friday, August 07, 2020

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

I don't know why I thought of Mac Davis, but he was ubiquitous on the radio back when I was growing up. So I thought I'd feature his biggest hit, a tongue-in-cheek ode to self-affirmation, on today's Friday Night Videos. I was shocked to discover there were not any quality clips of him performing it! I considered using his appearance on the Muppet Show, which is good fun, but it's badly pixellated and I couldn't stand watching more than a minute of it. Fortunately, Willie Nelson comes to the rescue, because his cover of "It's Hard to Be Humble" is the musical elixir we didn't know we needed.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Desi Arnaz.

Now Playing: Les Baxter African Jazz
Chicken Ranch Central

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that is the problem with working off Youtube: if they ain't got it, you can't show it. I've been bitterly disappointed a few times that way.

    ReplyDelete