Friday, July 05, 2024

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

I remember very clearly hearing R.E.M.'s first hit single, "The One I Love," my senior year of high school. I wasn't that impressed. Yes, it was a decent enough song and I didn't dislike it, but nothing about it moved me to further investigate this R.E.M. band I'd that I'd heard was quite popular among college audiences. In the ensuing years I've become a fan of the band, and Document, which spawned "The One I Love," has some absolute gems on it that I think far surpass this particular song. But even though it's not my favorite of the group's, whenever I hear it I can't help but smile. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Kinky Friedman.

Now Playing: Paul Page Pacific Paradise
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment