Friday, August 02, 2024

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

Last week's Riki Lindhome video sparked memories of my teenage years in the 1980s when Tipper Gore and her morality posse spent many a sleepless night worried that popular music might give me unwholesome thoughts about sex and women in general. I remember they even came out with a "Filthy 15" list of songs that were wholly inappropriate for young ears--which gave all or us teenagers a great starting place to find audio smut. I have to confess that I wasn't a huge fan of Cyndi Lauper at the time, but I found her song, "She Bop" somewhat catchy. Imagine my surprise to discover it was on the "Filty 15" list because it glorified masturbation! Really? I'd assumed it was about girls wanting to go dancing. Oh, sure, if you listen closely to the lyric you'd pick up references to Freud and going blind and such, but even today I find most of her lyrics in that song unintelligible and am only able to really make them out by reading the accompanying captions. Needless to say, once I found out what it was really about, I became a much bigger fan of Cyndi. So thanks for that, Tipper!

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Riki Lindhome.

Now Playing: Paul Page Pacific Paradise
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment