Tuesday, May 04, 2004

In which the tedium of transcription sets in

Despite chronic time mis-management on my part, I managed to get some work done on both the Paul Dini and Lois McMaster Bujold interviews. Not as much as I'd like, and the Bujold interview, for some reason, has a muffled quality on playback that I don't remember hearing when I proofed the recording back after our talk. No matter--both will get done presently. Pete Crowther has expressed some interest in the Bujold for a future issue of Postscripts, and the Dini interview is going to RevSF, unless someone else offers me money for it (hint hint).

It's times like this where it's made painfully obvious to me just how bad my typing skills actually are. When I'm mentally composing my fiction at the standard breakneck (re: glacial) pace, my fingers keep up no problem. In fact, they often wander and play with action figures, beer steins, old phone bills, random deer antlers... But during transcription, yeesh.

Now Playing: The Kinks Kinks

No comments:

Post a Comment