Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Nothing good can come of this

Blogger has added a bunch of whistles and bells to their offerings, which I assume you've noticed if you surf around to other blogs enough. One of those whistles happens to be reader comments. Oh joy. There's no way I can resist activating something like that--especially since I don't have a message board of my own to lord over.

Of course, this practically begs people to come in and post to my face what a microcephalic cretin they think I am, as opposed to merely screaming it and getting their monitor covered with spittle in the process. Or, even worse, my heartfelt comments are met with utter indifference and nobody posts anything.

Which, naturally enough, got me to thinking. I see other blogs (big surprise there--I always see other blogs) where the author contemplates a momentous change in direction and focus, or a reassessment of what their goals are with the blog. Friends and neighbors, I'll tell you right now that the goal and focus of Gibberish is to give me a convenient and handly way of writing and posting whatever I happen to have on my mind when the urge strikes me. I suspect it's also my subconscious' way of avoiding real writing. But I'll have to live with that. This isn't a political blog, although I can't help but comment on politics from time to time, as my personal views are radically and in-your-face moderate. It's not a sports blog, although I confess to following the Spurs, Astros and Aggies with an interest bordering on keen. It's not a "report on what I wrote last night on the novel/short story" blog because frankly I'm not that kind of a masochist. And it's not a list-of-neat-links blog, because, in all honesty, isn't that what Google is for?

Hopefully, a small handful of you gentle readers will find my musings witty and entertaining. Enough so that you feel compelled to go out and buy my publications whenever they may come out. Come to think of it, Shooting Star has solicitation information up as we speak regarding issue 5, which happens to contain my story, Dracosaur. So why don't you rush over there and reserve yourself a copy? After all, with the comments section now open, you don't want to be left out...

Now Playing: Billy Joel The Nylon Curtain

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:38 PM

    Well, this sorta kinda works. Not quite kinkless, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's certainly been an interesting time sink. formatting is still not quite what I'd like, but things seem to be workable at this point, and not all-too-hideous as far as design goes. We'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete