Thursday, September 16, 2004

Diez y Seis

In observance of Mexico's independence day, I shall celebrate by stumbling into middle age. I'm considering a line of sporty new walkers, but I hear that the purchase of a wheelchair entitles one to a free knitted shawl. Decisions, decisions. There is hope for me, however. This morning, Calista informed me "Daddy, you're not that old."

For my birthday dinner last night (yeah, last night. We wanted to beat the expected rush) the family paid a visit to The Magic Time Machine. Good fun and good food. I had the terriyaki salmon. Our waiter was Ace Ventura. He and Lilo, of Lilo and Stitch fame sang a snarky version of "Happy Birthday" to me. On the way home, Calista opined that while it was a good choice on my part, she's still going to Chuck E. Cheese's on her birthday...

Now Playing: Billy Joel River of Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment