Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Hiya there! Remember me?

Classmates.com is a temptation I have not yet succumbed to, although it gets tempting every so often. I'll head over there every six months or so when I think about it, and browse my old high school's listings, looking for folks I haven't seen in a decade or more. My graduating class from high school totaled a pitifully small 88 students (I had labs at A&M with more people attending!) and it's quite disconcerting to run across a name I don't recognize.

I'd actually email some of these folks to say "Howdy" is it didn't cost so much. They're asking $50 or so for a two-year subscription, which is a lot to pay for access to an email addy that's as likely to be abandoned because of spam as not. There's a three-month subscription for considerably less, but still. Classmates also informs me that 15 people have looked up my profile in the past few months, but tellingly, none of them paid the registration fee to email me, either.

Instead of paying and then emailing people I once knew, I hit Classmates' "Request this person's profile" button. That supposedly sends the person in question an email saying I'm desperately interested in finding out this, that or the other about them. Boy, a bunch of people are gonna be scratching their heads today, wondering why Classmates is suddenly hitting them up with requests! If any of them google their way here, now they know.

Now Playing: Various Artists The Blues Brothers Soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment