Friday, April 15, 2005

Everything you do is wrong

Finally got in contact with Laura Goeller, the current events-oriented person at Hastings world headquarters. Loyal readers will remember that book signings I'd planned for various Hastings locations in my area last week and this did not happen, because the previous events-oriented person at Hastings world headquarters left the company more than a month ago without doing anything in regards to my signings. No books, no promotion--heck, the stores themselves were never even contacted.

Well, now Ms. Goeller tells me she's leaving Hastings as well, and that there's a new policy in place for book signings. Get this: Authors are now to approach the individual stores directly to set these up. Which is what I frellin' did more than two months ago before I got put on the corporate merry-go-round. Basically, I get to start over from square one. Joy.

Now Playing: The Kinks Kink-Size Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment