Thursday, April 28, 2005

Simple joys of discovery

Much to my delight, I have discovered that The Traveling Wilburys vol. 1 and The Traveling Wilburys vol. 3 will both just fit onto one CD-R. The albums are both long out of print and command some fierce bidding on eBay. This new two-fer disc I've burned allows me to carry them with me in the car without the worry of my precious originals suffering heat damage during the summer. This makes me happy.

What would make me happier would be getting a copy of The Traveling Wilburys vol. 2, the bootleg with Del Shannon's vocal tracks and other assorted rarities George Harrison reportedly let slip loose into the wild back in the day. Unfortunately, that's one disc I've failed to come across despite years of semi-serious effort. Ah, well. I'm sure some day Charlie T., Lefty and Otis will manage to grace me with some heretofore unheard tunes. After all, that's what Wilburys do best.

Now Playing: Tom Petty Greatest Hits

No comments:

Post a Comment