Saturday, April 30, 2005

Progress begets satisfaction

I just made a great deal of progress on the revision of "Prince Koindrindra Escapes." This is the final, final rewrite, mind you. Unless I give it another once-over. But I don't plan to. Unless I spot some places where the voice of Koindrindra isn't consistent. But I'm hoping there aren't any.

In any event, at the end of the day, I look up and discover that I've got a mere five pages to go before I can pop this puppy in the mail to Gordon van Gelder at Fantasy & Science Fiction, and those five pages are those in least need of revision. Tweaking, maybe. A little dialogue alteration. That sort of thing. But it must wait for tomorrow, because tonight, I'm bushed. Still haven't caught up on my sleep from Aggiecon weekend, mainly because I've been up late writing every night. That's a good feeling, you know?

Another good feeling is the one I'm getting from this story. Don Webb said of it at Turkey City, "I am in awe." I told Joe Lansdale about it, and he said, "That's a story I'd like." So it's got an audience. Now all it needs to find is a market. Gordon, I'm looking at you.

Now Playing: The Kinks One for the Road

No comments:

Post a Comment