Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday Night Videos

Big Bam Boom was a huge album for Hall & Oates, and that's interesting since it was, for the most part, a departure for them. One of my favorite songs off the album--and favorite video as well--is, as you might come to expect from me, one of the more obscure tracks. Possession Obsession was something of a minor hit, especially in comparison to "Out of Touch" and "Method of Modern Love" but it's still my favorite. It's just so silky smooth with a darker subtext that I can't resist. I also have to confess a predisposition to support the underdog, and it's nice to see John Oates get some lead vocals for a change. But Daryl Hall isn't forgotten--get a load of his hair during the chorus!



Previously on Friday Night Videos... Kim Carnes.
Now Playing: Violent Femmes Why Do Birds Sing

No comments:

Post a Comment