Monday, July 09, 2007

Let there be beer

Started my batch of beer for Armadillocon last night. Six gallons of nut-brown ale are happily fermenting away in my office--I opened the door this morning to check on it, and was bowled over by the aroma of fresh yeast. Mmmmmm.

I'd been contemplating brewing up something exotic--barley wine or black ale, something really stick-to-your-ribs--before the request came for a special brew for the con. Since I've done this one several times in recent years (most recently for Mark Finn's book release), I had the itch to experiment a little. So this six-gallon batch is an all-malt edition. I expect the malt will go quite well with the base character of the nut-brown ale, but time will tell. And the best part of it is, even if the beer sucks, people at the con will either be A) too drunk or 2) too nice to tell me so.

Now Playing: Clandestine Music from Home

No comments:

Post a Comment