Friday, July 13, 2007

Silly meme

One of the side effects of having regular readers (and really, don't these poor souls have anything better to do with their time?) is getting tagged with random blog memes. Jaquandor just hit me up with this, so I'll muddle through as best I'm able before inflicting it upon some other unsuspecting saps.
INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

1. The Urban Recluse
2. No Smoking in the Skull Cave
3. Electronic Cerebrectomy
4. Byzantium's Shores: The Occasional Meditations of yada yada yada
5. Gibberish: Dubious & Questionable Ravings of Jayme Lynn Blaschke

Next, select five people to tag.

Hmmm. Let's see if I can tag some people I've not annoyed in this manner previously:

1. Mikal Trimm
2. Martha Wells
3. Mark Finn
4. Scott McCullar
5. Andy Duncan

And now for the questions!

What were you doing ten years ago?

Marveling at the fact I'd been married a whole year and my wife had yet to kick me out.

What were you doing one year ago?

Writing (and selling) a heck of a lot more fiction than I've been lately.

Five snacks you enjoy.

1. Chips and salsa. The hotter, the better (and by hotter, I mean heat evaluated on the volume of tears, sweat and running nose I'm experiencing after the fact).
2. Salted-in-shell peanuts. Except of those random bad ones. Yeech!
3. Raw broccoli with ranch dip. I practically lived off this my first few weeks out of college.
4. Cheese, melted.
5. Cashews.

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics.

1. "Lola" The Kinks
3. "Calling America" ELO
4. "My Life" Billy Joel
5. "Living On A Thin Line" The Kinks (hey, be glad the weren't all Kinks songs)

Five things you would do if you were a billionaire. (Ah. I see we're talking J.K. Rowling money here...)

1. Open a huge beer barrel restaurant/tourist trap in New Braunfels.
2. Set up endowments for the regional SF conventions in Texas that are still author-friendly.
3. Invest in or found my own publishing company.
4. Buy a 1937 Studebaker Dictator and a 1937 President.
5. Build a castle to live in.

Five bad habits.

1. Blowing my nose in public. Without using a tissue.
2. Procrastinating.
3. Belching.
4. I'm too quick to scold my children.
5. Tune out my wife when she complains about all my bad habits.

Five things you like doing.

1. Making beer and mead.
2. Making salsa.
3. Consuming the above.
4. Taking the kids to Schlitterbahn.
5. Playing with my passion flowers.

Five things you would never wear again.

1. Many "cool" fashions from the '80s.
2. '70s-era leisure suits (no kidding--my mom has pictures of me in on at about 6 years of age).
3. um... you know what? I just don't have that strong of feelings about clothing.
4.
5.


Now Playing: Andean Fusion Spirit Of The Incas - Andean Symphony II

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:20 PM

    What's a 70's-era leisure suit, what color, what picture - The Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:59 PM

    I could add a few more bad habits if you'd like me to! Lisa

    ReplyDelete