Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Popovich

I just saw San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich. I was over at the San Marcos Outlet Malls on an errand, and stopped in the parking lot to let a pedestrian--dressed in shorts, white tube socks and sandals--pass. I thought to myself, "Man, that white-haired, unfashionably dress fellow sure looks familiar." Then it struck me who he was--the local four-time NBA champion coach. So I rolled down the window and shouted, "Pop! It sure was a crummy thing to do, firing Bob Hill in mid-season back in '96 with David Robinson set to come off the injured list!"

Actually, I didn't yell that. But it sure would've been funny, after everything Pop's accomplished with the Spurs.

So why was he in San Marcos, anyway? I guess the Spurs have to spend those championship bonuses somewhere...

Now Playing: Clandestine The Haunting

1 comment:

  1. A few years ago I managed to keep my cool when I realized that the guy behind me in line at the party supply store (it was my daughter's birthday) was former Bills QB Jim Kelly.

    ReplyDelete