Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sanguinolenta

My p. sanguinolenta bloomed for the first time today. As you can see in the pic, it's set additional buds as well.

Sanguinolenta


I'm quite happy about this, because I nearly killed this poor plant several times--and did manage to do in it's clone. The first time, I over-watered and it shrivelled and died, only to send up some new sprouts a few days later. The next time, I left of a long weekend and when I came back, it, along with several other plants in my window, had dried out and crisped. The others recovered, but the p. sanguinolenta didn't. Undeterred, I watered twice weekly and waited. After a month, a tiny, feeble little leaf popped up, almost as if it was afraid to draw much attention to itself, lest I try to kill it again. But I refrained. It too months of patience, but it appears this little plant has gotten over its trauma and is confident enough to bloom. Yay!

Now Playing: nothing (the wife's reading Harry Potter, and must have silence)

No comments:

Post a Comment