Friday, March 26, 2004

Jane Austen Doe rides again

Well, well, well. It appears that I'm not the only one who was unimpressed by Jane Austen Doe's exercise in self-pity. In fact, a lot of people came down on her a lot harder than I ever dreamed of. There are some truly scathing responses from authors, editors and readers you can read if you click on Responses to "Confessions of a Semi-Successful Author". Naturally enough, there are some gestures of sympathy, but these are decidedly in the minority.

I'll be at Aggiecon all weekend, and I don't know what kind of internet access I'll have, so if I don't post here, please don't panic and call the police. I'm certain I'm fine. Either that, or I'm passed out on the floor of Freebirds World Burrito moaning in blissful discomfort.

And I have finally activated site feeds and made this blog public. The results have been noticable. I even see where my sister's come in and looked around a couple of times. I imagine she'll turn up this weekend at Aggiecon at some time or other.

Now Playing: Billy Joel & Richard Joo Fantasies & Delusions

No comments:

Post a Comment